Monday, October 08, 2007

State of the Union

Five things you need to know about my life right now:

1. I changed my cell phone ring tone from Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" (I wanted something mellow, but it rang so softly I missed most of my calls) to Bruce Springsteen's "Badlands" ("I wanna find one face that ain't looking through me, I wanna find one place, I wanna spit in the face of these badlands").

2. I'm eating lots of pita chips and bagel chips with hummus, but very little in the way of actual meal food; consequently I haven't weighed this little since the sixth grade.

3. My new building is chockablock with unsecured wireless networks, so I don't pay for Internet. So I splurged on DVR and I love it. Now I can store America's Next Top Model marathons for times when it's too quiet in my new apartment and I just need to hear Tyra Banks' voice in the background.

4. Rocking Horse still makes the best margaritas in the whole world, and eating there still makes my life perfect, even if it's just for a few hours.

5. It's six weeks into the school year, and I am still the most stressed out, anxious and frantic steaming ball of unhappiness that I have ever been. And if you know me, you know that's saying a lot.

No comments: