Monday, July 09, 2007

I'm going home to the place where I belong

After we graduated from college, some of my friends moved to different cities. Some of them moved across the U.S., some of them moved across the ocean, a few of them even moved to different countries.

Me? I'm going to move three blocks away from the apartment I grew up in. But when I was apartment-hunting in Manhattan and Brooklyn, I had to consider what that means: it means being three blocks away from the local and express subway and the new bakery whose cupcakes are as good as or better than Magnolia's (!); it means living in a renovated, legitimately huge studio at a fraction of the cost I would pay anywhere else; it means easy access to the car I've been sharing with my father; and it means that if my mom is planning to cook something delicious for dinner, I can invite myself over to eat without first being reprimanded about cleaning my room.

And what's more, when I have a housewarming party, my guests will actually fit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the apt! i can't wait to come see it.

and remember, i moved 8 ft below the house where my parents currently live. :P

Carrot said...

Congratulations, homeowner! I can't wait to see your new teacher-digs! But will it ever really beat the crappy mismatched furniture and heatlessness of Dudley Street?